View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I am not sure what causes it. I think it has to do with blood flow. There are two arteries in the neck that provide some of the blood to the brain. The vertebral arteries are in a position where they could be impacted by inflammation in the neck.

For me, this tingling tends to correlate to my neck being out of a straight position, like sleeping or napping with my not supported in a straight position. I don't get this sensation very often any more. I have had lots of work done on my neck by a chiro and PT.

When I mention this to doctors, they don't seem interested in it as a useful symptom for a diagnosis.

But then, what do they know about concussion? As I noted before, the song says,,, The head bone is connected to the neck bone, but maybe the doctors never learned this song in med school. LOL with angst.

My best to you.
Hi Mark, finally something that I can relate to. I also had tingling sensations but it is on top of my head. This tingling started as very little then it got longer and lasted for almost 2 years. The tingling turned into pressure on top of my head. Like you I went and saw neurologist and he can't tell me why either. For a couple of years I just learned to live with it. My husband and I read your post. I always sleep on my side. After reading your post, I started sleeping on my back and use a temperpeudic pillow that support my neck. I decided to see a naturopath who also does acupuncture and does chiropractic treatment. He started treating my neck and will soon be doing acupuncture on my head. Five spots on top of my head are tender so he wants to try acupuncture. He also started manipulating my neck and that helps a little bit. Just to add to this dilemma. I was tested positive for Lyme Disease and Mono. I never had any bulls eye so I don't know for how long I had the Lyme Disease. The only symptom I have was severe weakness. My doctor thinks the tingling turn into pressure could be caused by Lyme Disease. I sure hope not but I will never know. I just hope the treatment I will be getting will help me relieve the pressure on my head. Thanks for your post. I sure helps a lot.
MarciaK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote