View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

at the moment im taking advil cold and sinus, and cetirizine for the antihistamine and sudafed. For supplements i havent been taking anything too big, just a daily multivitamin.

I really wish there was some way i could make the anxiety go down without meds at all, and be able to manage it that way..Because i seriously DO NOT want to get addicted to Ativan.

And to be honest, im just really afraid of taking buspar or any antidepressant..

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
plastic,

Sudafed sounds odd. It is a decongestant. It causes sinuses to drain. An antihistamine is usually used to dry things out. Chlorpheneramine maleate is a common antihistamine and is generic and cheap. Zyrtec is a branded antihistamine and is more expensive. As your local pharmacist which works well without causing problems for someone with a concussion. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is also effective and can help you sleep.

Ativan (lorazepam) is a benzodiazepine. Many caution against using benzos as they can be hard on an injured brain. Some anticonvulsants are easier on the system. Gabapentin, Keppra, and others have been used successfully.

Are you taking any nutritional supplements to help your brain heal?
PlasticMonkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote