View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJan View Post
Awww, Ginnie....you are such a sweetie! I think it heals our own hearts and blesses us when we pray for our brothers and sisters. At least for me, it takes me out of myself and my own pain and causes me to focus on what someone else might be going through. Seems like there's always someone who has it WAY worse than me, so it also brings me back down to earth and out of my own pity party! Last night I woke up almost every hour on the hour...so aggravating! Then I thought about those who have such high levels of pain that they can't even get to sleep at all, and I thanked the Lord for those one-hour reprieves from the unrelenting pain.

And sometimes I really do believe that God wakes us up so that we can pray for others....intercessory prayer. Blesses both the pray-er and the prayee....how cool is that?!

About that bucket list...hey, we all need to have goals and dreams, right? Just use your head, and don't overdo it (ha, easy for me to say, since I'm the world's worst culprit!) For me, that's what gives me hope.

Right now my big prayer is that I can get this pain under control enough to join some missionary friends of mine in Mexico who are building an orphanage for the many children down there who are homeless. I know that if I could just tolerate the pain, I could do this! I've been down there before, (several years ago with my aunt and uncle who are now in Heaven) and can't even put into words the blessings abundant received from worshiping with those precious saints in the Lord. Imagine that, I went there to help out, and I'm the one who was blessed! I surely hope those folks were blessed, too. The music was amazing....a bunch of adorable teenagers playing guitars and singing, leading the rest of the congregation in songs of praise! Even if I can't help with the actual construction work, I know that I could take my guitar along and sing with the kids....heaven on earth for me!

So, let's keep on dreaming, my friend. It keeps hope alive in our hearts.

Love and prayers for all,
Jan
dear jan

there is a special sense
of oneself when entranced
in work for others
the rewards in return
speechless at times
those moments are
what i look for
i had no clue the love of
my grandchild is of pure
rich thick yummy LOVE
that everlasting kind
my daughter Saraeve
in South Carolina
living her bliss
she went as a helper
just to be involved
in any capacity
a woman who has
been through two brain
surgeries
had her occipital lobe
removed with the hope
that her seizures would
subsided
not the case and years
later had the DOCTORS
SAY
couldn't do anymore
just needed to hear my
voice and her sisters
she was having a
how much i LOVE my
family
point in all her fears
she has made it possible
to make it
LIVING HER BLISS
IN ALL HER DIVERSITIES
AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE 23
when it showed itself
as she was special
we laugh now
but everyday from
one of her head doctors
she has been seen eye
dentist just to mention
a few most common thought
anyhow she is my HERO
married now
she still called mamma
can't wait to see her
but she is working now
learning back into life
oh thank you precious
God she has worked hard
getting a seat
all new to me
watch over her
no seizures
would be nice

i trust in you Jesus

to all a blessed day

my Olie i miss you
watch over all
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-10-2012), ginnie (08-10-2012), JavaJan (08-10-2012), Mark56 (08-10-2012), Rrae (08-12-2012)