View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmarried View Post
Thanks for your input. When I said I was in pain I guess I should have mentioned it was because I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I have since had surgery and feel a lot better. However, my marriage is over. On the 4th of July, we went to a friend's house and my husband drank way too much and started talking suicidal again on the way home. He refused to go to our psych emergency room and threatened me with a knife because I was trying to call 911. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks again but the doctors couldn't explain what happened (my husband has no memory of these events- he was acting like he was possessed). So obviously I had a lot of anxiety and couldn't cope with being alone with him. My mom came to stay with us so maybe I could feel safe when he got out and we could go to counseling together. However he showed his true colors again, trying to intimidate and manipulate me. He would not back off and I had to punch him to get him away from me. I moved out that day. It has been pretty horrible since then. It is such a tragedy because I know he is really ill and didn't mean to act like this but my safety is more important. I am going through grief, anger, depression, all that. I am seeing a therapist every week but it's still so hard. I did not want this for my life.

But at least you will have a life. You can do it. This took a lot of strength and courage. Shows you have it; now take the rest of your life and use it to make things better for yourself. It is not selfish. If you don't love yourself enough first, you will not be good for anyone else.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are coming along.

Gerry)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-10-2012), kerryelaine100 (01-16-2013)