View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh Friday's Appointment

Today I had the consultation with the new Doctor at the Spine Institute. Ended up getting a cortisone injection in each shoulder and so far so good with the shoulder pain. These injections USUALLY work well for me. I've had them before while I was in the Army. No time for recuperation from an injury - shoot them up and keep on going! That's where I came up with the idea to call it Fix A Flat. (LOL) Anyways, the Doctor decided that I need to have a nerve test done Monday because I either have 1 problem causing all the pain and numbness/tingling symptoms or I have 3 separate problems. He said that there is a possibility that I pass the nerve test and it won't tell him what he's looking for specifically. If by chance that happens then we'll have to try something more invasive, he said. He did try the Trigger Point Injection today (7 shots in all - 3 on the right and 4 on the left) just to see if it would release the knotted muscles any. Not sure if it really worked as the injection sites are very tender but I do know my headache is nowhere near as bad as it has been so I am hoping for good results from today's visit but I am also not holding my breath for lasting results. I'll just take it day by day.
JAPOOTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote