Thread: Mestinon
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This may help - mestinon and no MG

I went into remission suddenly and I continued to take mestinon as prescribed. I had horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. I doubt a moderate dose will do serious damage. I am no longer in remission and just started taking it again. I always have some issues with mestinon. I hate the drug - I just like to swallow, read, walk, etc so I take the med.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here, nice to 'meet' you

I'm a 25 year old from London who has just been officially diagnosed with MG after a hellish 18 month period of horrible symptoms. My blood test was positive for antibodies once, and negative the second time (go figure!). SFEMG was clear.

I'm being started on Mestinon and I'm really nervous having read that if you take too much, or don't actually have MG, Mestinon can put you into cholinergic crisis... I can't shake the idea that maybe the neuro isn't right with this diagnosis, so I'm a bit frightened of the medication. I'm meant to start on 30mg once a day, as of tomorrow. Presumably this is a relatively small dose...

Do you know what effect, if any, the Mestinon would have if I didn't have MG?

I realise this probably sounds crazy, but this whole situation has turned me into a bit of a worrier!

Thank you x
Janla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote