View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bean View Post
I will let you know when the show is to air, so that anyone interested in growing or using the beans will have more information on the subject. Pray for someone to come and help with the research. I have purchased a variety of seeds this year to try..to see if any grow better in our east Tennessee environment . Also,to see if any seem to contain more l-dopa, or have pods with superior taste. What we have grown so far have been very good to eat. One seed company had 20 varieties of fava beans....and there are many more varieties out there. I found out that some varieties are short (just 2' tall and do not need to be staked...so that would make them much easier to grow) What a blessing to find these. The hardest work was staking and tying the plants to keep them upright for harvest....so now I can recommend a seed company in Canada with short varieties.
God is good....there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep looking up!
Dear Aunt Bean,

Thanks so very much for this great information. I'm wondering what soil pH make favas happy. My plants did better in the spring here in a semi high desert environment altho it seems to me they would tolerate the heat better if they liked the soil better as the favas I grew last year in a neighbors garden lastedlonger thru the growing season. Those cheap wire tomato cages work pretty well to contain the favas ( for those who aren't planting hundreds of them!). I LOVE having these plants close by . There is something very therapeutic about growing not only your food but your medicine (for me they are the same).
I find tho that I am doing well when I take 1/4 cup fava pod juice (beans removed before juicing) with a single dose sinemet- REALLY increases on time and smoothes dyskinesia tendencies. Fava juice has helped me reduce sinemet intake to 2 pills per day total. I'm sure these beans contain enzymes and other constituents that help metabolize levadopa. These beans can be ordered fresh in season by the box at local grocery stores here in Oregon. I need about 100lbs of fava pods to make a years' supply of juice ( no bean in the juice JUST the pod)
ROCK ON AUNT BEAN!
md
Fava juice has been a profound medicinal substance for me . I'm wondering about combining it with something like terrestis tribulous- surely there is a companion plant that could replace the role the sinemet plays to synergize with it. I too plan to try some different varieties.

Are you leaning towards sprouting the beans and just eating the sprouts instead of making tincture?

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-18-2015)