View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well here i am again after working in er (truma) for25 years i was the 1 who whispered but mostly shouted in your ear i'm here and i will be here i held hands wipe the blood out eyes because that's what i would of wanted 4 my family...But truma is a type of nursing that worked welll for me there was a rush,and i slept well at night,sometimes i never made it home just crashed at the hospital.
But i have learned over the years by watching Opthopedic Drs. are the ones who are trigger happy when it comes to surgery..Truma can be a little bit different because some of there quick decisions may help some walk again,but are they good after the follow ups not always..
There are 10 good places to go,i'll try to post later,and you have to decide which is best 4 what you have and always remeber plan to stay longer than they say,have all the records you can get you hands on,it's amazing how long hospitals keep reccords..
I have polyneuropathys and live in Columbia,Mo we are a college town nd have 3 good hospitals..But Neuro Dr said Sue sell your house move to a apartment close to the Mayo Clinic,welll i didn't do that but i made the decision to go there they were great even ran into a few Drs. i worked with at Henry Ford Hospital in DEtroit ans a few from Uof M in Ann Arbor Mi..But we always can't make that trip or have the right insurance...So you better learn as much as you can about yourselfs,and that Same Neuro Dr. sent me here,why they don't have all the answers,but here we can be each others helpmate..
My 33 yr.son married a Psychiatrist she has said for years the mentally ill are not treated well by the medical Drs as well as many Psychiatrists..I really agree with this,boy i have seen to much of it,and i have reported it.. Thanks to everybody here who take the time to struggle through there own pain to help others i''ve always believed in the saying what goes around comes around...Now don't make you tell you about nurses back trouble my good finger is tired.. Bless all you.. Sue And yes Drs.are big old babies when there in the hospital