View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 06:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, hope your are still hanging in there. I have been to a few headway meetings in my area - they are quite useful on many fronts as they have access too so much local information on what services are available locally. My local one have a Neurologist and a Neuropsychologist on the management team both a useful sounding board for problems or ideas.

It may be cold comfort but after 6 months post concussion this has taken me 30 mins to type. I used to have a senior job in IT and now there seems to be a disconnect between me thinking of the words and what gets relayed to my fingers.

Outside of work I used to build houses and do DIY as a hobby doing this is nigh on impossible now. This used to burn off the physical energy that wasn't expended during the mental work. Now this builds up on time with no way to expend it.

Changing the diet is a major thing in recovery. When I first got injured my taste for certain things changed - e.g. I couldn't stand Tea. So I used to drink diet coke instead - 2 Litres per day which is a major no-no for recovery. At the top of the forum are some "sticky" posts that give some hints on nutrition. The supplements suggested are reasonably cheap and easily available from Holland & Barret.

Time and patience are the major thing. I am considerably better now than I was 6 months ago, still not "right" but moving forward.