View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mark,
I've been working and doing a lot less since the injury and allowing myself to rest when I need to. I just started working with an acupuncturist and a chiropractic neurologist, who has been adjusting my neck and giving me eye exercises because I just haven't made the amount of progress I would've liked to since the relapse. Both my acupuncturist and naturopath are working with me to establish an herbal/supplement routine to get my anxiety and sleep under control. I had been using ativan on my bad days to get me through. However, my md has recommended that I avoid benzos and instead try buspar . I'm not able to commit to an every day rx just yet.
I'm also careful with what I put into my body. I've seen a correlation between eating sugary things and bad days. Lots of avoidance while I recover.
My md hasn't really helped much up to this point- just the old rest and take it easy approach with the added rx for anxiety. I have a follow up in 2 weeks at which point if I'm not feeling better she'll refer me to neuropyschology.
I did have a trigger when I relapsed. I had gone for the afternoon up to a higher altitude on a very hot day to visit some friends who were camping. The thought didn't cross my mind prior to the trip that the altitude could have a negative effect. I had been feeling better for somewhere between 4-6 weeks. I did still have tinnitus and visual snow but had gotten back to my pre-injury life for the most part. On the car ride home I could feel that I had overdone it and sure enough by the next day, all of the symptoms I had experienced the first time around started popping up again.
I've read bits and pieces of what a lot of you do. I continue to read past posts when my brain will allow it.
On a positive note, I just had my second night of non-medicated sleep! It's a struggle to allow myself to toss and turn and not resort to meds but I know it'll get easier each night.
RiWi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-11-2012)