View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I used to be tired all day long, I mean even after coffee I would still be yawning. My eyes still water and I yawn a bit in the early morning but I don't keep yawning anymore and I am betting the watering eyes will go away as I continue using the CPAP. I feel so much better, although I woke up in pain today I think that it's because my bed is bad...I am going to be getting a new bed in a few weeks so I think that will help with pain. But the first two days I woke up virtually pain free.

One thing I have noticed is that although I like sleeping on my side it wakes me up because one nostril goes closed, the bottom one and I notice I wake up and have to turn on my back, but I can fall asleep much better now. I used to take an hour and sometimes MORE if you can believe it. But now I am falling asleep with the machine on in like thirty minutes now. It's wonderful, it's just fantastic how much clearer I am able to think after just about five days, and I hear from my mother it just gets better and better!

If your hubby stops breathing in his sleep then he really needs to get a sleep study done, it's not hard to get done and his PCP can order it but make sure they add, "With tituration as needed" on the RX so that if he DOES stop breathing over 30 times in two hours they can wake him and give him the mask and fiddle with settings to see what works best for him. I was noted as breathing at decreased rate of 74% efficiency, meaning I was only breathing at a 26% rate of effective breathing.

I don't know how many times I stopped breathing, it wasn't in the report, but I really feel so much better now there is no doubt that I will be keeping this machine and using it long past the 14 months Medicare rents it for until they purchase it. If you have any questions go ahead and ask, I am not an expert but I can tell you in my experience it's been a fantastic change to my life, I haven't felt this good in years.

Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote