Thread: It ticks me off
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default true alffe

We must get over our adversion to say the word. Also end of life issue for illness should be dicussed. Our culture has gotten away from some of the issues that really can and do hurt peoples lives. If we are afraid to talk, how can anything be solved, or even thought about. Suiside happens, also end of life issues happen for all of us. How we deal with these difficult situations is not discussed enough. I worry about our Vets, and the terrible suiside numbers going on right now. Who is adressing their needs? I have one in the service, and a nother newly wed, whos husband is over in afganastan. I do worry when they get home how their mental state is. People I know and love.

The flip side is when we get old and are really sick. do we talk about it, NO, we don't. Even within families, these issues are not talked about enough. My grown son, gets so uncomfortable, and antsy even when talking about surrogate health care provider, or end of life care. We need to talk more, open this up, to get anywhere at all in this country. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-12-2012), Addy (08-11-2012), Alffe (08-12-2012), barbo (08-12-2012)