View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Allergies show your immune system is struggling. This struggle takes resources away from your brain. I used to have disabling allergies that would hit me at the change of seasons. It would take me down for about 3 weeks 4 times a year, sometimes longer. Getting my nutritional regimen maximized has reduced my allergy struggles to a few days at a time. I almost never use any allergy meds anymore, even here in Idaho where the pollen count can skyrocket. I use to be on prescription strength allergy meds.

A lot of allergy issues are a combinations of allergens. We can often tolerate a few at a time but no more. I learned how to moderate the mix 30 years ago. As my body got stronger, I could tolerate more. For example, I am allergic to all melons, some apples, grapes, strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, and a bunch of other foods plus some airborne pollens.

If I limit the total mix, I can be OK. If I have not been exposed to too many, I can enjoy melons and strawberries with just a few minutes needed for my body to adjust. I might have a sneezing fit and watery eyes for 1/2 an hour be fine. The ragweed and ryegrass will impact me mildly if I am healthy.

Learning to take care of our bodies will make drastic improvements in our health in every area.

Some of us will do better in areas of the country where the weather, pollen, particulate matter, humidity and such are more tolerable. High humidity can be a struggle for some. What use is a good job if your life is miserable due to the environment and a stressful community?

Just my experience. I have live in New Hampshire, Connecticut, and various places in California before moving to Idaho 12 years ago. I moved to Idaho for the lower stress and safer living conditions after being assaulted twice in San Jose. When I go back to visit family, I remind myself of why we moved.

So, we all have some choices we can make after we learn how to identify the causes and solutions.

My best to you all.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-11-2012), postconcussion (08-12-2012)