View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

This may seem unbelieably lucky to many of ya'll. Since I was self-employed, I bought my own disability Ins. (From btw, Northwestern Mutual, the best!), As my income increased, my salesman, added on. And, one of the policies is called SS replacement. They always took my doctors word. And, have been paying me for well, since the early, mid 80's, What the SS replacement does, is, if SS doesn't pay me, they DO! So, I get a notice a year or so ago, that they're going to apply for SS FOR ME! OK, then I'll be able to get medicare, and buy a rider, rather than pay the just about 800/mos. as current.

So, in PA, you're automatically flagged the first two times. NO PAY. So, the third time comes up, and I realize, it's not in the SS building a half mile away but in a neighborhood that I know nothing about and early in the AM, (My worst time). (Also, I was assaulted recently, and the humerus on my left arm is wrecked, and I have bi-lateral TOS already).
I'm a amess, I have a TBI and several discs also. RSD is full body.

A lawyer calls me that AM, I could hardly sleep, She was kind, flying in from Boston, to Baltimore, then driving up to Philly. (because she hates Philly's airport).

I raised a stink. I told her that I specificallly asked for an afternoon apt. (which i did), and can she re arrange it.
After another call, she gets back to me.

Here's what you're not gonna believe!

THE JUDGE SAYS, WE'RE JUST GONNA GIVE IT TO HIM! (ALL THE BENEFITS)..
I cried.
Wow!

Week later, because we had waited so long to apply, I get a check in the mail for north of 45 thousand!
And, my income just went up about a thousand a mos.!
(I havn't done the math yet).

But yes.
Sometimes, good things happen, just about when we feel like dyin'.

That's just My Story......

Hope yours goes well!

(OH, btw, my Ins Co paid ALL attorneys fees!)

I'll be glad to relate this companies name to anyone who wants it (the law firm) out of somewhere west of me...... FAR out of state! Everything was done by mail and phone!

Pete

asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
k2kfla (10-15-2012)