Thread: arachnoid cysts
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 03:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oneyakpie,

You might try here: http://health.usf.edu/medicine/ortho...sion/index.htm they have a concussion clinic, though I couldn't find any information on payment types. It's worth a phone call. You should also try the other universities in FLA. I don't know if you have any universities that sponsor hospitals, but if any of them do then that is a teaching medical university and they are the likeliest place to start.

After exhausting academia, I would look to the State...but that might be tricky if you are not a citizen. I know in my state there is a state run program for brain injuries that would have been free for me, but the wait list is a year long and I was able to use my company insurance to get help from a teaching university.

Keep looking, or ask a friend or relative to help you research places where you can get help. Government and Academia are the two primary places to look.

Also, doesn't Scotland have a National Health Service sort of thing like the U.K.? I'm surprised you couldn't get help at home.

Best of luck and keep dropping by here, if you read enough you'll find great information to manage your PCS, if not the cyst.
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote