View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink NeuroTOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzie View Post
Hi I am new to this site. After 2 years of pain I finally met Dr.Robert Thompson. After his examination and testing it was determined without a doubt I have neuro TOS.. I am having surgery in two days and needless to say, very scared. Any comments greatly appriciatede.
Hello
I am new to site today. Had Neuro TOS surgery June 7. Very slow recovery. I have had to ice my arm many times a day, down to about 3 - 4 times a day. My elbows are always swollen and they hurt. Dr Donahue found I had nerve scarring like that of a volleyball player. (BTW, US Olympic beach volleyball player Dahlhauser has venous TOS, having rib resection upon return from Olympics). Hope to return to work after 12 week recovery. Need to get other side done. My chronic tendonosis has not been helped by surgery, so my days doing computer work (40 hrs a week) are limited anyway. But Dr Donahue said that doing nothing will not take care of situation, as phys therapy did NOTHING. My sister had venous TOS surgery 2 yrs ago, she also should have her second side done, but is trying to postpone that. Very strange diagnosis. Dr Donahue (Mass General Hospital) said some of us are just made a certain way so we develop this. Most likely an under-diagnosed condition. Not sure if I already posted this reply, sorry if a duplicate!
fclegg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote