View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Funny you should mention a hot tub. I scheduled an appointment yesterday to test a hot tub at a store which sells lots of spas, pools and things like that. My husband and I tried it out for about 30 minutes. I did notice the deep ache in my back and shoulders (and hips and knees) did reduce a great deal and stayed less painful all day. I did not feel that great in the hot tub though. I kept feeling too hot and a little light headed. I had them set the temperature to 98 degrees the night before so that it would not be too hot. The heat was not comfortable for me but my husband loved it.

I have to say if I could tolerate being in the hot tub daily, the result might be a good one for pain relief. I feel much better in a therapy warm water pool compared to the hot tub. I tried an exercise class in a therapy pool at a local club on Friday and it felt great. The temperature was 90 degrees so I never felt light headed. However, my legs, shoulders, back and neck hurt like crazy after an hour in the therapy pool doing the light water exercises with the class. I felt much better while I was in the pool, but not so good after I got out.

Both types of water therapy felt really good on my aching arm. The buoyancy of the hydrotherapy is wonderful for that type of TOS pain (in my case).

Last edited by ElyseHart; 08-12-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling
ElyseHart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote