View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanmarie63 View Post
OK, as many of you know I started back on Mestinon and here is my question of the month ..LOL

How much do you have to pay for your mestinon?

18 years ago it cost me over $300 a month, well I just got my EOB from my ins. and do you know how much the store charged them? $37.05 thats right.. 37 dollars, what I don't understand is why when I had no ins. I was paying over 300! and that was 18 years ago.

Soooo if you don't mind answering.. what do you pay?

Insurance companies work out a contract price of how much things SHOULD cost. If you look at those statements they send you in the mail, they says things like:

Test X Billed: $5,000 Allowable: $150

People without insurance are getting screwed and having to pay the full $5,000 that is being billed. I don't remember getting similar statements for medication, but insurance companies work out the same deal with the pharmacies that they do with the testing companies.

I did get a really odd one for a recent stay in the hospital. As being in the hospital was not my choice, I refused most treatments that they wanted to give me as I was afraid they would delay my surgery. The total billed for the stay was $300. The total insurance paid: $1,350. They explained in a note at the bottom that even when the bill comes in below the contract price, they pay what they've negotiated. I'm surprised the hospital hasn't asked me to come back and stay a few more days.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote