View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by postconcussion View Post
Thank you mark.

Thank you pcslife.

What you described is exactly what happens to me. What do you think this is?

First I thought it would be apnea because It was when I was really tired and my neck was weak. But then again when I do a lot maybe my brain is stressed causing anxiety/panic?

For awhile I used a neck pillow with the curved edges to support my neck but then I realized that it was getting so weak so I have a regular pillow now.

Do neck pillows affect apnea at all?

thanks.
postconcussion: In the past the culprit was Klonopin since the docs always say it is longer lasting and stayed in my system for long which affected my sleep. I kept telling I don't want it in the night and I was taking Xanax in the morning for my dizzy/headache symptoms. I even tried Xanax few times in the night and yes it caused sleep apnea issues.

Now I don't take any meds in the night and try them during the day morning/afternoon since drug induced sleep caused me all kinds of problems. Flexiril made me very fatigued though when I tried it. I even tried the nasal steroid just to see it can help my pain around my eyes. I don't have any sinus issues at all and is all clear from MRIs. Yes it did gave me anxiety/panic attack symptoms.

Gasping for air, rapid heart beat, feeling disoriented is scary.

From the sleep study my O2 saturation (?) was fine. Only thing they noticed was mild snoring so they said I am all good to go.

Now I get it only occasionally when stressed out. Also now I have a tilt bed (tempur pedic ergo advanced - like in the hospital but can be elevated on both sides - head/leg) so I elevate my bed on my head side which sure helps.

I tried tempur pedic neck pillows but I felt like it was pressing my neck too hard.

Are you taking any meds in the night and if you are then see if you can take it during the day?

Cheers!
postconcussion (08-13-2012)