View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyseHart View Post
I was wondering if anyone else ever got relief from sitting in a pool or hot tub? I was on vacation with my husband and kids last week and I had an opportunity to just sit in water up to my collar bone. I was given a "noodle" to sit on by a friend because I can not swim. I was amazed after about 20 minutes how much better my arm and shoulder felt. This seemed to work each day and lasted for several hours after getting out of the water.

I was so amazed by this that I actually started looking at pools in my area, trying out a hot tub, etc. I really wanted to know if anyone else has felt relief in the water? Oh, one more thing, I tried to duplicate this in the bathtub today, it did not work. For me, it was the position of sitting on that noodle. Standing in the water did not help either. I am puzzled.
I have had my hot tub, not a big one, in my garage for years now. It is the best thing for my flares and pain. THe weightlessness, pulsating jets to massage and heat to the bones is great.

In the summer I do not have it filled. we have a 16' x 4' Intex that goes up in June until late August or Sept 1st. I have 3 black hoses on the top of our old motorhome with a pump coming out of the pool, circulate the water through the hoses and return to the pool. The avg temp is 85* in the northeast PA mts.

I could not get in cold water kills the fybromyalgia along with TOS and severe lumbar./cervical issues. I get tune up with PT with a heated pool. I walk laps, range of motion and end suspened from the noodels. For one thing gravity allows everything to loosed and hang down instead of the pressure of hold up.

After that, I get a great massage with a deep menthol product keeping my flares down and meds reduced. Gas prices and the travel to a place with a heated pool restrict me, but great start for anyone to see if the aqua therapy helps them.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote