Thread: Thyroid tests
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thyroid tests

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with some thyroid issues
Seems everytime I get mine tested which is at least twice a year the numbers are sometime high that would be the TSH and then they test the T3 and it will come back low normal. Once my ANA test was flagged as high but I guess it was high normal cause at the bottom of the page it says negative?? I've had 3 dr in the last 2 yrs and I need to know what to look for myself. Since there not looking at these tests together but seem to be assuming the lab results from other test are wrong.
On two occasions I have been dx with subclinical hypothyroidism and given a 5 mg dose. Then in about 10 days time (it comes on slowly) I get shortness of breath achy all over and absolutely no energy. And I also gain about 1lb a day, no kidding. When I mean no energy I mean can't even get out of bed fatigued. Just like it more underactive, its weird, soon as I stop then in about 2 or 3 weeks I feel better. So I guess my question is how would they know if it was a autoimmune issue, and not just the regular underactive thyroid? I even got my thyroid scanned because it feels like someone is chocking me all the time. The radioligist suggested thyroiditis? Whats that? Anyways any help would be great, thanks Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote