View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 07:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzie View Post
Surgery is scheduled for August 14. Two days away. Very nervous. Dr Thompson said I will be in hospital until at least Saturday then hotel for 3-4 nights. Anything to know would be helpful.
Hang in there! I know these last few days before surgery are really rough. It kind of helped me to tell myself that all I had to do is show up and the experts would do the rest. They will take good care of you. It really was good for me to know that I was going to a surgeon who specializes in TOS. I knew I was making a good decision, so I just had to go with it.

We stayed at the Parkway Hotel which is attached to the hospital. You can call them, and if they have rooms available, you can get a special rate for people who are there for medical procedures, etc. It worked out really well for us because it was so easy to get back and forth to the hospital. Plus I didn't feel weird being in a wheelchair, etc., since everyone was (vs. at a regular hotel). It would have been very challenging for me to ride in a car during those early days after I was discharged, so just having my mom wheel me back to the hotel was ideal.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Take care!
JR1977 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-13-2012)