View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Continue to work with the SCS

My story is much more simple than yours and I am sorry for your ongoing frustration. My RSD is in my left foot so my leads are in my back. L2 and L3 I think. After multiple LSB injections it was decided that they were effective enough but not long lasting. So I was a good candidate for SCS. My trial lasted 6 days and it made so much difference that I had the permanent one implanted within the week. It takes a lot of work with your rep to get the right programming for you. Somedays I need one program and some days I need a different one. And then you still need to adjust the intensity. I think that I have seven different programs at this time. But I do meet with my rep every 6-12 mos for programming changes. As the scar tissues forms and your body adjusts your programs need changed. Don't hesitate to set up a regular appt with your rep. Keep notes of how your programs are working for you. If you can tell him what works and what doesn't he can make improvements for you.

I know it ks frustrating right now but the potential to drastically reduce your pain is within your reach. Keep working at it until it meets your needs.

Good Luck!
ouellem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote