View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Praying things will get better and they can come up with answers for you soon. I had a nerve and Muscle test. and my neurologist preformed this, unlike most people I've talked to, mine was finger tip to toe .. both sides...it was unconfortable but not bad, do you know if a neuro is doing yours? Silver
The same doctor that I seen Friday did the nerve test today. All he was checking for was to see if the tingling and numbness in my fingers was maybe being caused by a pinched nerve in my neck or if it was coming from my wrists such as the onsetting of carpel tunnel syndrome so the test was only from sholder to finger tip. Left side was normal and my right side is .3dB from being considered with carpel tunnel. (I believe he said it was .3dB being that a nerve test is noise in the muscles I am sure that is what I heard). He said that passing the test was both good and bad news. It's good becasue I passed but it's bad becasue now he cannot narrow down the cause further yet. So with that being said, he doesn't know what is causing the tingling and numbness in my fingers but we decided not to worry about it right now because it's not painful.

My shoulders took the cortisone injections well and feel pretty good for now so we are going to focus on the neck only for now. The trigger point injections I received Friday seemed to have helped. My headache let up to a point that I could actually concentrate on something so that is a plus. Today I received 6 more trigger point injections on the left side of my neck as he decided to stay away from the right today because after the injections on Friday, I woke Saturday moring with a major knot in my right shoulder. By the afternoon it had released itself. Doctor said that could have been a residual effect of the injections and just decided not to go onto that side today with any other injections. He said for now he feels that we may be on to something so long as these injections keep giving me some relief. He said that if they quit working the next steps are more invasive. I chose to end that conversation for now and said that we could resume if it would have to come to that later. I sort of don't want to know a next step at this point. For now I am satisfied with what is going on.

He said he would call me in a few days and see how I am feeling and schedule me for additional trigger point injections if I think they are needed. 3 days in between visits really isn't a long enough track record to determine if these trigger point injections are working or if they will continue to work so we'll just see what happens later this week without having any more until then at least. I certainly hope this type of treatment continues to help. I know that I have read a lot of blogs and such on these sort of treatments and they don't seem to have a very long lasting effect on a lot of people but I seem to be having fairly good luck with it so far. Only time will tell. I'll update as things change for better or worse. Take care.
JAPOOTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote