View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
He explained to me that I have that I have air trapping in my lungs.

I don't know how come he wasn't able to determine based on the cat scan or biopsy if autoimmune mediated.

He said that since my airways are clear inhalers will not do me any good. I read from the intrrnedt that restrictive lung disease does notrespond with inhalers.

I hope so too that rheumy will (should) help me with my condition. I keep my options open with regards to lip biopsy.

Does the level of SOB is commensurate to the size of the nodules?
I don't think one or two nodules would cause that much SOB. I imagine he would have told you if the nodules were that large or numerous to be causing the SOB. Did he say what is causing 'restriction'?

What test did he determine air is trapped or that there is restriction? Is he considering O2 at this point? If inhalers won't help, then what's his plan? You NEED some relief!! I can't imagine feeling SOB all the time. Is it still improved when you lay down?

The most common Sjogren's complication involving lungs is interstitial lung disease...which can be seen on CT or biopsy so you must be clear of that...thankfully!!
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote