Old 08-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Rae,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
My heart is with you dear Eva. A new school can be pretty overwhelming and I'm sure she is feeling it. I share in your tears too. I actually cried (as in bawling!) the minute I got out of the school doors after enrolling my twin boys - seniors! I was glad I stayed composed while IN the school!
I'm not near ready for my 'babies' to be heading toward graduating.

The thing that really caught my eye in your post was this sense of fear you describe. ME TOO! I've been getting these anxiety attacks and it has to do with several things, but alot of it has to do with the 'unknown'......not knowing what the future holds - for my boys, my job, etc etc etc.
Yesterdays sermon at church really hit home for me and I am trying real hard to hang on to THAT, rather than let my own fears and emotions take the lead.
Basically it was about how 'we' tend to make our problems and concerns bigger by continuing to dwell on them. Rather, let's magnify God instead of our fears! Make HIM bigger.

I really REALLY need to soak this in and act on it because these anxiety attacks are for the birds! I wake up with them sometimes!

And these are things we know already, but sometimes we just need to stand in agreement with one another for that extra strength. Let's both stand on the scripture of what 2 Tim 1:7 says - "God has NOT given us a spirit of fear, instead, we have power, love and soundness of mind"

When I start to get that awful feeling of fear/anxiety, I go to my room and curl up for a bit praying for that soundness of mind and praising His Name.
Sometimes it's just not that easy I know. Our human nature wants to take the lead and that's when things get out of hand.

Rest in God's Peace dear Eva and so will I. I continue to pray peace over everybody here....

CAring Deeply,
Rae

I remember a sermon I heard a couple of years ago that really stuck in my mind. When I start to fear the unknown, etc. the words come back to me.....
"If we have fear....it is not from God". Of course, he was not referring to the kind of fear of getting hurt, etc. But, the fears we put on ourselves. That kind of fear is from the "deceiver". He loves to see us this way with the hope we may turn away from God.

Gerry)

Last edited by ger715; 08-14-2012 at 09:46 AM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-14-2012), ginnie (08-14-2012), Mark56 (08-14-2012), Rrae (08-14-2012)