View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Can anybody help me with question before I lose my mind

I got approved for ssdi in 2001 based on a neck and back injury i got on the job as a firefighter. I have a cage in my neck and still got bad discs in neck and back.
Every 3 years i have gotten the review like clock work.
In 2010 i got the 6 question thing, whcih got spit out and i ended up getting the longer form.
I filled that out and even added new health problems. Mental health issues which have been going on since after i got approved for ss. I also added my heart and diabetes problems.

Whats bugging me for the last 2 years is the letter i got back from them. Heres what is said

"we recently reviewed the evidence in your social security disability claim and find that your disability is continuing. We have also enclosed information about working that explains some of the terms we use.
The doctors and other trained staff who decided that you are disabled expect your health to improve. Therefore, we will review your case in december 2013. we will send you a letter before we start the review."

The first thing that really ****** me off is that they expect my health to improve. Lets even throw out my new heath problems and just go with neck and back problems which is what i got approved for. How could they possibly believe that these problems are going to be any better 12 years from when i first went on ssdi? Just the fact of 12 years later, makes a person less healthy.

So does this mean in 2013 iam gonna have to go for the full doctors review based on this letter? Or is this basically the same thing written on everybodys letter?

On top of having to deal with all my health problems daily, this letter has been driving me completely insane. I have already wasted 2 years worrying about it and dont want to waste until dec 2013 worrying about it. So please can anybody give me their opinions and thoughts on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Bobby

p.s. and when i sent in the long form, i even added my medicine printout from the drugstore for the year. Total amount of drug costs were 54,000 dollars. I guess thats how much drugs healthy people use,lolllllllllll
Bobby17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote