View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What kind of doctor diagnosed your movemet disorder?

My husband has a movement disorder that is possibly secondary to central pontine myelinolysis and polyneuropathy. No one has put a name on it yet. he has constant right arm tremor while awake, but is stops when he sleeps. sometimes when he is sitting and watching tv his head will tilt to one side and then he has small involuntary muscle jerks in the neck or shoulder. When he stands up with physical therapy ( he is wheelchair bound right now) he develops trunk tremors and the head/neck tremors and his arm tremor gets much worse and faster. He has possibly some kind of involuntary movement going on with his eyes and mouth ocasionally too. When he is relaxed he just has the arm tremor. But whenever he is frustrated or using more than one muscle group at one time (like when therapy gets him exercising and trying to stand) he gets tremors or jerks going other places and he statrs having speech problems.

We have been to a family doctor who says she can't diagnos it because she does not have enough expierence with this type thing. (thank the LORD she is honest)

The neurologist says he is not ready to put a name on it yet, but I distinctly heard him mumble dystonia under his breath at the first visit.

I mean I guess it doesn't really matter because he is getting some treatment with physical thearpy, propanolol and baclofen. But I 'd like a name on it.

Is there a special type of doctor that just diagnoses movement disorders? Who diagnosed you?

Thanks
youngwife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote