View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default It is,to a limited degree...

I think, as is reflexologoly [sp?], accupressure, myofascial, and trigger-point therapies.

Think hard Aussie, are you or have you been less active in the last, say 2-3 months? IF I've gotten my whole pt/muscle action -use or lose stuff correct, well, you are probably really hurting because you've done less for a while, then tried to do more, as if you'd not had a 'lay-up' for a bit. Doesn't work that way. Muscles lose tone, tendons get tighter and pull from the lack of use, thus elasticity. Then every muscle around the 'bad' spots tries to compensate then, a bigger and even bigger area of muscle/tissues are affected. Try it. It's either gonna work or make you yelp. If you yelp!, then things have been, well, overdone in some way.

Here's a good site full of basic, simple, almost stupid things that help you keep some tone, and function. They're pretty passive, so you start out slow and work up in little bits...DON't try to do the full # of reps at first, do ten one day, then 15, on up...or you will HURT!
http://www.fairview.org/healthlibrar.../sma_index.htm

Try them and see....I've got sources and stuff about cheap 'tools' [I am cheap about some stuff!] so you don't have to spend a fortune on equipment.

Hope this helps? SUPER good thoughts to you, good person! - j

PS: Aussie's right, HOW are you doing?
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote