View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tinnitus to be wary of

We all get Tinnitus periodically thru our lives we all know that it can be Suicidal in its relentless atack on us but is it to be concerned with 99% of the cases NO even if it lasts a day or 2. If its not audible for 24 hours its not to be a worry

Tinnitus like mine Measured at 43 Db in 1993 and 57 Db in 2009 is a concern At 4300Cps peek frequency it Blocks out a lot of the human speach region. middle C is 256 Cps and by comparison to human speach is VERY BASSY. NOW we are to worry not about Brain issues its not seen on MRI CT or other Scans IVe had them all. Some neuro surgeons say they have a cure its some thing to do with Cutting nerves OK NOt in my brain or face or Ear! IVe had my TGN severed in a Accident Sorry that pain is Hell every day of my life . Ill live with the tinitus At 43 Db I am at the upper end of tinnitus Noise Probably close to a record . Ivve lived like this since 1993 its all day every day ANd during my sleep .
I do not want it and I want a real Definitive Cure for it but untill them you only have MY personal word that Gabapentin Calms this noise .Its still there but its probably at 35 Db down from 57 that is is now. IF I increased my dose I probably coudle reduce it further .
IF I miss one dose it rises rapidly I get back on track it reduces I tried a day with NO gabapenjtin by 12 hours I was virging suicidal by 24 it had me reaching for my Gabapentin and By 12 hours of double dose it was under control once more.
Despite this test its not medically Proven and is not to be undertaken without a doctors permission .
I take Gabapentin for many things MY Back pain MY tinnitis And a permanent headache Also NO known Cause . They each respond to a level of Gabapentin Its as if I need so much for each problem .But I am holding just below maximum legal dose . after 20 years .
Tinnitus can be transitory or permanent It is the leading cause of Suicide And I m concerned as I am at such a high and consistent level . That is my only concern .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticMonkey View Post
I would say i have been going through PCS for about 5 months now, and before i never had a constant ring in my ears. But i realised yesterday that it started ringing out of the blue.

Sometimes i get a small ring, where it will ring and then stop after a few seconds. But this one is sort of constant.

Is that normal for random symptoms like this to come on so late?
stormcloudfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote