View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby17 View Post

I still have a cage in my neck, it hasnt magically vanished. I still have other damaged discs in my neck and back, they havent fixed themselves. So for them or anybody to say i should be improved in 2013, 12 years after my surgery, ****** me off. If they know how my health can be improved, then i wish they would let me in on it, so that i can feel better.

Bobby

Bobby,

I think it's important to understand that the SSA is looking at your case objectively. I think you should try to look at it more objectively yourself.

Having a cage in your neck doesn't MAKE you totally disabled if there are ANY patients who've had the same procedure and were able to work afterwards. Your limited ROM and pain from having said cage in your neck could make YOU disabled. You want to have ONGOING documentation about that.

I read a stat way back when that said if you did an MRI of 100 "totally fine" people over 40, more than half would show serious disc issues.......yet those people are asymptomatic. Having disc issues doesn't mean you ARE disabled. Having disc issues that cause certain symptoms, like pain/limited mobility/numbeness CAN cause disability. If your damaged discs haven't fixed themselves......wouldn't it be wise to see a doctor who would TRY to fix them or maximize your functioning ? Perhaps your treating physician felt nothing could be done 12 years ago. New treatments become available over time. You can't have access to them if you don't see a doctor who would know about them.

Personally, I LOVE my psychiatrist......but I don't go to him for my neck and back issues that are better evaluated by the appropriate professionals.

SSA TELLS us that they expect us to follow up with regular doctor appointments for are disabling conditions......and that not having those appointments indicates to them that our conditions could be improving. Maybe THAT is where they are "getting" that your condition may be improving.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-15-2012)