View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Finz, i understand you are trying to look at it from their point of view, but if we went by what you posted, then only the most extreme cases would be on ssdi then.

Nobody who has disc problems who has had surgery, is going to be in better health 12 years later, thats just crazy to think that.
Healthy people 12 years later in life arent as healthy.

I also have other extreme problems, i doubt to many people on ss take 24 differnt pills a day, which i do.

My psychiatrist and many psychiatrists deal with pain management issues for people, maybe yours isnt trained in it. Mine didnt want me going to a pain management doctor and getting hooked on more pain meds then i really needed, since i had so many other problems.
So pain management is an ongoing thing for my condition. Thats been taking place for the last 11 years

I cant go see my ortho surgeon every few months just for checkups. They only want you back if your having more problems. Yes i have more discs that could be removed in my neck, but putting in another cage will just put pressure on the next set of discs. So when do i stop having surgeries? when i cant turn my neck at all. Yes theres better technology now, but it still comes down to removing discs.
Even my own doctor has said that surgery should be a persons last option.

Point is 1 year after my surgery, they said i was disabled. 12 years later i sure as hell cant be in better health then i was a year after surgery?

My job was a firefighter and all the other jobs i had in my life were all physical type jobs.

maybe your disability isnt neck or back related, thus you dont understand about dealing with this type of problem.
I dont have a clue as to who would even want to hire me for a job, when i really cant stand or sit for long periods of time. And i certainly cant do any of the jobs i once did in my life.

I wish that i was better and could just go back to doing the job i loved.

maybe ss should just remove neck and back problems from being on the list of disabilities.
Bobby17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote