View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, SFN is characterized by that burning sensation, right? I have Sjogren's and T2 diabetes. I thought my neuropathy was primarily from T2D but it seems I'm experiencing neuropathy even with fairly good BG control. It takes a lot of effort to control your BG and an autoimmune condition. I've gone completely gluten- and dairy-free and I've done some experiments bringing these items back. I can tell you, I definitely react to gluten and dairy: my eyes and throat dry out after 24 hours. These two are so clear cut: I react even to a tiny slice of cheese or butter.

At one point, I was also nightshade-/legume-/soy- and nut-free but that limited my food choices too much. But I never overeat these items - just a little bit of paprika and tomatoes here and there. I'm also fairly low carb (>100g) to control my BG.

One thing you can control is what you eat. It's a full time job but if you eat whole foods and stay away from processed garbage, artificial ingredients and other stuff you react to, your symptoms might improve. At least it seems to me for those who're recently diagnosed. You can read about Terry Wahls and her Minding Your Mitochondria: she was supposedly able to push her MS symptoms into remission by following a strict, wholefood diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
You might want to exhaust natural options as well...like B12 supplements, R lipoic Acid, etc. Even Biofreeze for the burning might work for you.
dolby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote