Thread: PN is not cool!
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the good advice.

Brian, my GP prescribed B12 by injection "just in case", and then it tested off the chart (high) for several months, and my symptoms haven't improved. I had hoped it would be due to a B12 deficiency, but - no luck!

In addition to the sensory PN, I'm thinking maybe I have a small fiber neuropathy because of the weird migrating burning I get all over. The burning/tingling is not confined to my feet or hands. According to what I've read, PN usually doesn't progress to the hands until after the stocking glove pattern is established. But my hands burn a lot off and on.

I really don't know much about PN, just what I've obsessed about for hours on the internet.

I'm really starting to scare myself from everything I'm reading. I'm scared that I may have autonomic damage - my "female" libido function is messed up - and I've had some bouts of urinary hesitency. But this happens off/on. So I dunno...

I probably sound like a hypochondriac, but seriously, all of this is what has happened to me after that illness I had in Nov. 2006. This is all strange to me, considering that the only sensory deficit is in my right big toe. I don't know what's going on. I just hope Cleveland Clinic can help answer some of the questions for me.

Thanks all.
nursegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote