View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmschaver View Post
I believe we have a soul. That the soul is a facet of ourselves. The physical being we see and touch is a poor expression of a more eloquent existence. If we are immortal and our time here is short. Then there is truely nothing here to fear but what our minds fool us into believing.

Funny even though I believe this I find the practice of it much more difficult.
Well.....my husband (who is jewish but believes in Jesus (I guess that makes him a Messianic Jew, right), he believes that ALL his pain,suffering and neuropath, etc, is a punishment that he has to endure right now is due to past negative behaviors on his part, so when his time comes, he will enjoy the spiritual rewards in the afterlife. This gets him through his day.

Me??? I believe in Genetics, dominant genes, recessive genes, genes that mutate, genes that are triggered by external forces (be it smoking, second hand, third hand, alcohol, the atmosphere, the radiation from too much exposure to the sun, BLAH BLAH, ad infinitum.

And this from a Catholic School girl who was educated by the nuns in both primary and high school and from priests who sat in front of my class telling us that "YOU ARE NOT NECESSARY". Because if you were necessary, that would mean, that God needs you, and he would be imperfect and he's not imperfect."

Isn't it odd, the stuff we remember from grade school.

Imagine a 13 year old girl being told she was not necessary.

I believe we should all have empathy, be kind to each other, be good to each other and help each other whenever we can.

That way we give off GOOD energy and we absorb GOOD energy.

Don't mean to bash any religious beliefs. To me, this is plain old common sense.

Do unto others, etc. etc.

And yes indeed, I do pray every single night before going to sleep. Makes me feel good.

lol
Melody
And now we an go back to discussing external speakers. Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this one one of these postings, but I bought a charming orange little external speaker from Walgreens. Called SPLASH. It's exactly like the Music Bullet that they sell in As Seen On TV.

I unplugged my headphones, plugged this little orange wonder into the headphone jack of my PC and WOW, the sound was awesome.

So if my headphones ever go, and i need a speaker until I buy new headphones (Alan is going deaf so he needs headpones), well I have this little orange wonder. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote