View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Build up tolerance

Had follow up to initial nuero visit. Dr told me I could increase my activity level. As this was a WC injury I was specific about a couple things. I love to garden and wanted to mow my grass. I also wanted to go back to the gym.

I spent an hour mowing and then stopped even though I was not done. It was too much and I got a severe headache along with alot of mid and lower back pain.

I laid down to rest for an hour but felt worse so I called the Dr. I got a retun call next morning from his nurse and this is what she told me. I need to build up a tolerance to it. I need to gradually increase my activity level. I need to add stretching exercises to my daily routine.

I repeated back to her what I understood that she said. Essentially I think the Dr. believes I went hog wild physycally. What a laugh I am a shadow of my physical self.

I expressed to her I have gone to the gym for several years and know what muscle soreness is and this is not that. I only mowed for 1 hour with a self propelled mower. Essentially this is the same 1 hour walk I did most everyday anyways. I explained the pain was extreme and it took multiple doses of tramadol and oxycodone to cope.

Her reply was I need to see my GP for a referral. I told her the occupational nurse told me all refferals must come from the nuero. Very frustrated and in pain waiting for Dr. Does any one have any advice on how to deal with a difficult Dr?

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote