View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I don't think one or two nodules would cause that much SOB. I imagine he would have told you if the nodules were that large or numerous to be causing the SOB. Did he say what is causing 'restriction'?

What test did he determine air is trapped or that there is restriction? Is he considering O2 at this point? If inhalers won't help, then what's his plan? You NEED some relief!! I can't imagine feeling SOB all the time. Is it still improved when you lay down?

The most common Sjogren's complication involving lungs is interstitial lung disease...which can be seen on CT or biopsy so you must be clear of that...thankfully!!
He did not mention if my nodules were large enough (and I didnt not ask - duh).
He said that my number in the PFT for the Airway Resistance is 255 (and showed me the report - which of course I dont understand the numbers). He said something about the exchange of oxygen in my lungs....

No, he did not mention anything about O2. It was like saying the burden of knowing about what is causing the activities in my body falls on the rheumatologist.

Is there a special test to know if there is air trapping or ristriction, other than the PFT?

I will call the clinic if they have any other alternative inhaler for me. When I asked if I should continue the inhaler, he said that Symbicort is a strong stuff that it should benefit me. Symbicort does not improve my breathing nor the emergeny inhaler Albuterol.

en bloc, I am sorry, but I am confused with this statement:
The most common Sjogren's complication involving lungs is interstitial lung disease...which can be seen on CT or biopsy so you must be clear of that...thankfully!!"
Did you mean that if its Sjorgren's complication, it will show in my CT or biopsy as ILD?
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote