View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default New member, Tooth extraction pain

Hi! My name is Angela. I am 28 years old. I discovered this website via a google search

I have had quite a dental history. I had all of my molars pulled due to the fact that they were breaking down the midline :/ I broke one on a pb&j sandwich while I was pregnant with my first. Evidently I had terrible acid reflux that ate all of the enamel off of my teeth.

Monday of this week I had to have #5 premolar pulled because it broke off at the gum line after having a root canal and being crowned since 2006. The pain is beyond terrible. I have never had this kind of pain asociated with an extraction. How can I tell if something is seriously wrong? I have had a headache since the procedure. Pain meds help but not for long. There were no stitches, but I did bleed for 18 hours. Also I do not smoke and did not drink through a straw. If there were an infection, would I develop a fever? The area surrounding the extraction site is very red and the tooth next to it, #4, is sensitive to touch even though it has also had a root canal. I know these may seem like silly questions, but I am a total worry wart!
angelaagnew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote