View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Unrelenting lower back pain… any suggestions?

Hello everyone, I typically hang out in the RSD/CRPS group, but I am having some MAJOR back issues today and thought I would reach out here.

So here’s what’s going on I have had a discectomy L5/S1 back in 2004 when it ruptured. I awoke from this surgery with a whole new problem called RSD/CRPS II. A couple of months ago I had an MRI and I have L3 & L4 bulging. I have had the flu and have been coughing for at least a week or so. I know this isn’t helping anything. But this morning I woke up and my back is in excruciating pain, I have been debating or waring with myself to go to the ER. I can’t take a deep breath and it not be horribly painful. And if I take too big of a step while trying to walk… same thing, very, very painful. I’m trying to figure out what the heck has happened. I have amped up on pain meds and it takes the edge off but that is all it does. The hosp that I would have to go to stinks in that the wait will be very, very long. I’m scared to even try and get into the car for fear I won’t be able to get back out once at the ER. What to do, what to do. AND I am worried something major has happened. All while I was asleep… how strange to have woken up this way this morning. Any advice… suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote