View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
today,

What meds have you tried besides the amitriptyline? There are good anti-depressants that can help you get stable.
My neuro started me with vicoprofen. The hydrocodone helped me get through very bad headaches early on. I tried fioricet which made them worse. My primary care physiciain didn't want me taking painkillers long term so had me try amitripytaline.

As far as disability goes, I don't think I would qualify because I scored really high on my neuropysch evaluation(I felt I did terrible at the tests). I did poor in a few areas like visual memory and recall but the Dr. thought I was just depressed. I understand that some pyschologist are biased in these and always attribute an underlying mental issue as the cause.

One thing I thought was very true in the book was when she wrote something along the lines of "mTBI is an injury that falls outside the bell curve for getting compassion."

I'm wary of trying new anti depressants. I think my body might just need a couple weeks to get used to taking a full dose again and hopefully I'll be at where I was a couple months ago.

My wife won't read any of the material I give here. She just picks and chooses the pieces that fit her profile of me.

I told my primary care Dr. I was thinking about taking vitamins and she did a blood test for everything and came back normal. I eat well.
VITAMIN B12 Normal 432 pg/mL 200-1100
Final 08/03/2012 074
FOLATE, SERUM Normal 10.8 ng/mL

Maybe I will try a pyschiatrist and see what they say.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote