View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My B12 came back at 4,000!!!

I still take high doses every day. The blood serum test includes active and INACTIVE B12 in the gut. The only way to get more acurate is do the active test which I have not been able to do.

Also, I don't know how you were tested for diabetes, but my dr told me I do not have it after doing a fasting blood serum that came back at 90 which is considered "normal". However a fasting glucose is a snapshot at that moment and my own personal research says that by the time a dr will give a diabetes diagnosis its been going on a LONG time, and PN could already be present.

So, I bought a glucose meter this week. Im on day 3 and I have diagnosed MYSELF as prediabetic, which means I believe after testing 5 or 6 times a day, fasting, 1 hr after and 2 hr after meals and at bedtime, my numbers are higher than a normal count. 1 cup of white rice made me shoot to 156 and a normal person with no problems should not spike that high and stay there after an hour.

Anyway, all that to say, you cant always cound on dr's or "normal" numbers, do your own indepth research and you will find most of these normal numbers are wrong.

Oh, fyi, i have PN and my own belief is it is from diabetes, even though its not full blown, I believe my blood glucose levels have been high enough for a long enough time to give me PN. Dr believes it is my thyroid. Either way, I am treating both and doing other supplements.

good luck!
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FlyingSquirrel (08-15-2012)