View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm fortunate in that I'm not in a serious relationship so I have nobody to "support" but I do know exactly how you feel. I'm unable to work due to my condition thus I live at home with my family. They all think that I'm depressed and that going for a run or getting a job and PHOOF - I'll be better. They think that if I just think positively this will all go away. I've tried so many analogies and different ways to try and get them to understand and they just don't get it. I was a member of a Facebook PCS group and someone posted a quote that hit the nail on the head.

"Why is it the people who understand the least about my condition have the most opinions about it?"

I was visiting a Chiropractor and after about 15 sessions I started to see some results. Nothing major, just a minor improvement. I gauge it at about 7% to 10% of an improvement but an improvement nonetheless. My grandmother (who was paying for the visits) told me that she will not be paying for it anymore because "we" are not seeing results.

I'm at my wits end trying to get them to understand. Now I just tell them "I'm feeling fine"
I figure if I tell them what they want to hear they will back off a little......I hope.

PCS sucks........
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote