Originally Posted by brmr19 View Post
Here is what my mri states
C5-6: DISK: diffuse annular bulging
ENDPLATES /UNCINATE PROCESSES: small osteophytes
FACET JOINTS: degenerative
CENTRAL CANAL: Minimally stenotic
FORAMINA: minimally stenotic
Osseous edema is present in cancellous vertebral bone adjacent to the
endplates representing type I spondylosis.

I am curious what symptoms people with c5 c6 bulging disk are experiencing. I have other issues, but not sure if any of my problems are related to the disk
Hi

I have herniated discs at several levels but my C5-C6 bulge was the worst. I had ACDF last December to attempt to resolve the issue. It got rid of the pins and needles sensation and numbness but brought on other problems. To answer your question about the symptoms, I had complete numbness in the first dorsal compartment of my left hand (over the thumb area) and burning pain radiating from my neck, into my shoulder and down my arm. When the worst of it came o on I could not feel my left thumb at all. I also had muscle spasms in my upper traps. My left side was much weaker than my right side. If I were you, I would get more than one medical opinion before proceeding with anything. I think surgery is a last resort when you have tried all other non-invasive options like physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and steroid injections. Good luck to you and I really hope that you find relief soon!
Sally Mae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-15-2012), Gracemary (10-11-2012)