View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiopathic PN View Post
He did not mention if my nodules were large enough (and I didnt not ask - duh).
He said that my number in the PFT for the Airway Resistance is 255 (and showed me the report - which of course I dont understand the numbers). He said something about the exchange of oxygen in my lungs....

No, he did not mention anything about O2. It was like saying the burden of knowing about what is causing the activities in my body falls on the rheumatologist.

Is there a special test to know if there is air trapping or ristriction, other than the PFT?

I will call the clinic if they have any other alternative inhaler for me. When I asked if I should continue the inhaler, he said that Symbicort is a strong stuff that it should benefit me. Symbicort does not improve my breathing nor the emergeny inhaler Albuterol.

en bloc, I am sorry, but I am confused with this statement:
The most common Sjogren's complication involving lungs is interstitial lung disease...which can be seen on CT or biopsy so you must be clear of that...thankfully!!"
Did you mean that if its Sjorgren's complication, it will show in my CT or biopsy as ILD?

As for a test for restriction or air trapping: That's why I asked. I didn't know if it was based upon a special test he did or if it was just a conclusion he drew.

As far as I know, ILD is somethings that can be seen definitively on CT or biopsy. It is also the most common (and serious) lung complication of Sjogren's. Since your CT and biopsy did not show it (and it would have if you had it), I'm thinking you don't have this complication...which of course I was thankful for.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote