View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default My dear grand daughters are growing up

Today was first day of school. I think it was worse on me than them. Maybe because I was 3 hours away. The little one started kindergarten and couldn't have been more excited and excuberant. No hesitation there!!!! Feel sorry for her teacher! The older one started middle school. Talked on the phone several times to make sure her friends liked what she was going to wear and no one else was wearing the same ting. She initially thought she wanted her Mom to go in with her to make sure she got everything in her locker just right. At the moment they got there she decided she wanted to do it on her own. Youngest one had a very loose tooth for several days. Her big sister told her not to do anything about it until today because if it came out IN school she would get a treasure box! So she worked on it in the car and then left it alone for awhile and the big moment finally arrived. She lost her first tooth at school. Tomorrow big sister has her 11th birthday and is always excited to celebrate it in school with her friends. Pictures were sent to Grandma and all is happy. Well except for Grandma. I had to let my own child grow up and now I have to let my grand children grow up to. But they are so sweet. You hate to see them go through all the stress kids go through these days. We didn't have security checks in school

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (08-16-2012), KittyLady (08-17-2012), SallyC (08-16-2012)