View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jeff,

This probably will not mean anything to your situation, but I just wanted to let you know what happened to me after I returned home. I am not diabetic but I did have feet and ankle swelling along with the toes on my left foot only that were curled back for several months. You couldn't even straighten my toes with your fingers and my socks would leave impressions on my legs. I don't remember exactly how long this went on, at least six plus months. Then suddenly I noticed that the swelling was going down and my toes were relaxing (probably the result of getting my meds straightened out).

My neuro didn't seem too concerned about it at my three month checkups. Only said I might want to put my feet up on something while I sat but the only problem with that was it would made my lower back hurt. That's another reason why he is no longer my neuro.

I don't know what caused this reaction as I not only had a thymetomy, severe reaction to Mestinon, a feeding tube inserted during which they pierced my upper transverse colon and I had emergency colon repair surgery. It took 2 1/2 to finally get out of hospital/physical rehab.

Just FYI. I hope you find some relief soon.

Becky
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote