Thread: Updates
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow! It definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate!!!! I apologize if I miss some of the details, since I have trouble still with longer posts...

Why did your doc say Advil only 2 wks a month? Just asking out of curiousity.

I am glad your insurance is going to kick in for you; having some extra fundage around to help you heal will definitely help! I don't have an answer for the treatment question, though.

I understand about your 'appearances' issue. I struggle with the same thing. I recently learned that overdoing it trying to keep up appearances was damaging to my healing process. You have to do what feels right for you, and your body will tell you what you can handle.

I am sorry your friend said that, even "jokingly." You could always point out all the athletes that are still on medical leave from the NFL, etc, that have been suffering for longer. (my friend told me about a player who has been out since last October).

I hope this helps, and kudos to you for pursuing the master's at a reasonable pace.
March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote