View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Is it mostly in the back, or does it go down the leg too? You could have herniated a disc easily. Even coughing can do that, cause I herniated a disc just by SITTING in a car going on a trip!!! I was just sittiing ---can you believe that? The first time, all I did was bend over to pick up an EMPTY laundry basket. And I was alone in the house, in the basement. I had lots of "fun" trying to get upstairs. LOL

Anyway -- You won't get much done at the ER. What you need is an MRI done of your lower back. The ER will just pooh-pooh it, and call you a drug addict. Call your doctor and ask if they'll set up an MRI with and without contrast material. That's the only way you'll find out if you've got a herniation. They'll probably want to see you, but you can try by just calling. I'm sorry you're in such pain. Been there, done that several times. It's no darn fun.

PLEASE - keep us posted, ok? And let us know what the MRI says, ok? You can get a copy of the report for you to keep. Best of luck and God bless. Big hug, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (08-16-2012)