View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
today,

Your B-12 and folate are at 50% of what an injured brain needs. You should be at the top of the scale. 1000 for B-12 and 20+ for folate. How about your D, calcium and magnesium?

She didn't say anything about my caclium and magnesium so I guess they didn't test that. Here's my Vitamin D levels. She said my iron levels were normal. Should I take a 1,000 mcg B12 vitamin or 1/2 of a pill? I bought GNC megamen multivitamin but I was worried about taking before I got the results of my test as I don't want to overdo any of the supplements.

VITAMIN D, 25-HYDROXY, LC/MS/MS
VITAMIN D, 25-OH, TOTAL Normal 37 ng/mL 30-100
Final 08/03/2012 074

25-OHD3 indicates both endogenous production and

supplementation. 25-OHD2 is an indicator of exogenous

sources, such as diet or supplementation. Therapy is

based on measurement of Total 25-OHD, with levels

<20 ng/mL indicative of Vitamin D deficiency, while

levels between 20 ng/mL and 30 ng/mL suggest

insufficiency. Optimal levels are > or = 30 ng/mL.

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D3 Normal 32 ng/mL See Note:
Final 08/03/2012 074

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D2 Normal 5 ng/mL See Note:
Final 08/03/2012 074
For the NPA test, I scored high in the math section(which was really basic) and general knowledge. I used to be really good at doing hard mental math in my head but now it's to hard to hold the numbers and my brain gets foggy quickly and I have to stop.

I have tried any other antidepressants. Can I still take amitryptaline and an SSRI? I'm worried if I get off the amitryptaline my headaches will come back and they are unbearable.

I couldn't agree more with you windseeker. Stay strong and know there are others who understand the battle you face on a daily basis. Unfortunatley people who don't have PCS seem to just not get it and have their own genius medical opinions.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote