View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help with my PCS please - Buffalo uni recovery ?

*edit*
Hi !
Can I firstly say what a fantastic resource this forum is and how I take my hat off to many of you that are suffering from PCS and how you are trying to cope with it, I admire you. Sorry for the length of this post but it is my first and will not be my last as I intend to help other sufferers where I can.*
My name is Marc I'm 31 I live in the UK and I am suffering with PCS - for 3 months now.
I wont bore you too much with the details, but I was involved in an accident on my bicycle. I went through the back window of a stationary car head first. I was wearing a helmet - thank god.
I received a closed head wound ( a*big nasty cut above my left eye half way up my head ) a broken nose and various other cuts and bruises. I also hurt my neck. I did not loose consciousness, I did not vomit, I can remember every detail of the accident. I was taken to hospital, X-rays were taken of my head/face and neck nothing was broken - apart from my nose. I was released from A+E a few hours later. I felt pretty ok all things considered. I was playing with my children and doing normal stuff* for the first day or so after the accident, then it hit me ! and I was sleeping all the time for the next two weeks. Then I*started to feel better again.*
About 3/4 weeks after the accident,*I still felt concussed, dizzy/thick head/tired eyes/headaches/very tired/ feeling sick**I have also developed a slight tremor and the occasion muscle twitch.*This seems to be worse when I am extremely tired*mostly just before I go to sleep.* My blood pressure was also up. I went to see the Dr, My Dr phoned the on call neurologist while I was sat next to him and the neuro said my symptoms were typical of PCS, but advised my dr to treat the high blood pressure. My Dr also did some basic tests, reaction tests, pupil sizes, co-ordination tests etc which checked out fine.
*So my GP did with beta blockers. I was very anxious and scared as I didn't know what was wrong or why I was feeling so ill. I have never been unwell in my life. I kept thinking the Dr's have missed something and any minute now I am going to collapse. I suspect* the BP rise is/was a combination of " white coat " syndrome caused my BP to rise. I monitor it now and its low... about 113/74 when I go to the dr's its 150/95 !!
I went back to my Dr's a week later still feeling unwell ( I expected to be better*already*! ) he sent me to the hospital for a CT scan. That was fine no further action needed.
Anyway, my main symptoms are**
dizziness,*
tiredness.*
Feels like pressure in my eyes
Sore neck ( Dr's have said I have whiplash )
The occasional headache.
Occasional nausea ( about twice in last 4 weeks )
Feeling hung over when I wake up - I tend to get better as the day goes on.
Symptoms get worse when I try and exercise
Tremors - not all the time.
Small muscle twitches/spasms
I am mentally as sharpe as a button, I am at work full time ( I work in IT ) my memory is very good and my eye*sight is fine ( albeit my eyes do get very tired ) , I had this checked by an optician, who also checked the health of my eyes, which are fine.
I feel I am*slowly getting better and my wife and family have noticed I am doing more etc.
But these symptoms still linger,**some days*are certainly better than others, alas, *today is not such a good day, woke up with a pounding headache*in the night* feel very dizzy and a bit of nausea.
My questions are :-
Has anyone*tried recovering using the "*Buffalo principle ? "*I.e. finding out what heart rate makes your symptoms worse then exercising at 80% of that and building it up ? to reduce the symptoms on PCS.

Are my symptoms typical of PCS ?

Any one else have a tremor or muscle spasms ?*What may be causing that ?

Thank you so much for reading my post,

Take it easy

Last edited by Jomar; 08-16-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: removed personal info
Mwiseman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote